Live in a brand new apartment in DTLA in the heart of the LA art scene.
Art defines a city. And nowhere is that more true than Los Angeles, where innovative art stretches from the canvas to the cinema. Truly, LA is a world-class city for art and you can surround yourself with the best of it when you live at Axis on Eleventh or Axis on Twelfth.
Featuring an interior filled with the work of local artists and located just steps from the city’s artistic heart, our brand new apartments in DTLA are like no other residences that have come before. When you make your home here, you can enjoy:
The DTLA Art Walk
Centered along Spring and Main Streets, between 3rd and 9th Streets, the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk is more than just a walk. It’s an experience.
Held the second Thursday of every month, the free and self-guided Art Walk leads you through stunning galleries, fascinating artist studios, revered cultural institutions, and the occasional installation or pop-up. On many Art Walk Thursdays, the experience stretches well beyond the city’s Historic Core and includes events all over DTLA. It’s like a monthly, roving party for art enthusiasts.
But the actual walk isn’t all the Downtown LA Art Walk group does. On the first Saturday of every other month, the organization hosts a tour of downtown’s gorgeous murals. The Kinder Walk brings underserved children in contact with the city’s art scene. And, if you choose, the group can host a private art tour for you and your friends. To participate in the Art Walk, start at the Spring Arts Collective at Spring and 5th Streets, on the second floor inside the Last Bookstore.
In addition to all the local art, Downtown LA is also home to incredible museums with art from around the world. These DTLA museums include:
- The Museum of Contemporary Art (known as MOCA Grand), featuring world-class contemporary art. Located at 250 S. Grand Avenue.
- The Broad, exhibiting a once-private collection that’s considered one of the world’s finest collections of postwar and contemporary art. Located at 221 S. Grand Avenue.
- The Main Museum, a new art museum under development, focused on featuring and nurturing Los Angeles art. Located at 114 W. 4th Street.
- La Plaza de Cultura y Artes, exhibiting unique art from the Mexican and Mexican-American culture. Located at 501 N. Main Street.
- The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandizing Museum and Galleries, displaying the finest works of fashion and accessories. Located at 919 S. Grand Avenue.
The Art of Axis
When you live at Axis on Eleventh or Axis on Twelfth, you don’t even have to leave home to experience great art. Both of our apartments in DTLA feature original works of art from seven celebrated LA artists. And, this January, we’ll be hosting our own Art Walk event. Add the beautiful look of our apartment homes and our engaging collection of amenities and you would be hard pressed to find a DTLA apartment that’s more original or more inviting. Schedule your tour now and see Axis today. As soon as you sign a lease, you can plan your move-in.